Thursday, February 7, 2008

Cool new goodies to have fun with.

So we have a couple of new additions to the shop in the way of product offerings. We are happy to offer Rocky Mountain Bicycles as well as Pinarello Italian road bicycles.

Rocky Mountain has been at this bike stuff for a long time. I have a Rocky Mountain mug I picked up at Interbike that says ‘Total Commitment for 15 years’. That was in 1996. Handmade frames from Canada using designs that have been refined and improved to create a great ride.

Pinarello almost needs no introduction. Pure Italian speed machines. History and lore-all of it is there. The Pinarello Prince was my pick as the run-away sexiest bike at the Interbike trade show. As much as I love it all when it comes to bikes: handmade steel from the artisan shops to cutting edge carbon; the Prince simply left me speechless. For those of you that know me that is an accomplishment when it comes to bikes. Our Pinarello representative was talking about the technical merits of the bike and his voice just kind of faded into the Charlie Brown adult voice of ‘wawaawaawaa’. I just stared, no sounds registered in my brain. The lines, the finish and color palette were done like only the Italians can. Think Ducati. Think Moto Guzzi. Or some cool shoes if I knew the brands. It’s not the lightest or any of those other technical adjectives ending in ‘est’. But it was just ‘right’. It was really fun for me because I haven’t had a bike actually speak to me like that in a long, long time.

No comments: